Sunday, December 12, 2010

Help requested


I am trying to raise funds to sponsor Swazi students who otherwise cannot afford to go to school or college. In Swaziland, students are required to pay quite significant fees even to go to primary school. It costs about 100 euros to pay for a child to go to primary school for a year.

I adopted my son in 2006 from Swaziland and taught in a school there between 2004 and 2007. I have been sponsoring a teenager there through high school for the past 5 years. Now I am trying to raise the money to pay for him to go to college in South Africa. He is pictured above on a trip to the Kruger National Park in South Africa.

I teach at a school in Bratislava, Slovakia. We are trying to raise some money through our International Baccalaureate students. I will be posting information on the situation in Swaziland, resources and how you can help.